It all started with a dream ...
"On these rocks I'm gonna build my castle",
said Peter Netzer as he was still a little boy. A vision, to become reality many years later with his wife Gudrun ... hundreds of drill holes reaching over 5 meters in depth, were needed for the blasting. These holes were all drilled by Peter Netzer himself to remove gravel and loose rocks ...
- 1970 starting with drilling operations und controlled detonation
- 1973 completion of the guesthouse "Netzer" with 7 guest rooms
- 1980 extension to the building with the first indoor swimming pool – guesthouse was named: "Hallenbad – Cafe – Netzer"
- 1988 grand extension with new guestrooms, restaurant etc. At the building site big rock crystals were found so the Hotel was named Hotel Bergkristall (Rock Crystal)
- 1991 construction of the "Tower"
- 1993 new entrance to the indoor swimming pool
- 1994 extension of the "Tower" to form an exclusive hotel suite (tower suite), construction of the first elevator
- 1999 extension of the kitchen
- 2003 reconstruction due to a fire in the hotel
- 2004 new access road to the hotel and covered parking space for cars were built
- 2006 construction of a 300 kw district heating system for the hotel
- 2008 "Stöbli" was teared down (ehemaliges Frühmesshaus)
- 2009 grand reconstruction and extension of the Hotel Bergkristall
- 2010 construction of a wine cellar
- 2011 construction of a whiskey cellar and a new rest room in the spa area
- 2012 – 2015 constant improvemental constructions to mantain high quality